Sunday, October 8, 2017

Road Trip: Keswick Lake District

I promise we do actually work most weeks, but that's not very interesting to blog about so here goes another few posts about our July adventure. We decided it was time for a multi-day road trip so planned a 5-day excursion north through England's Lake district, up through Glasgow, Scotland and back down again through York. It was a beautiful road trip - although a bit longer driving than expected due to traffic.

Our first night was spent in Keswick (pronounced kessick) which is a quaint little town in the English Lake District. Due to heavy traffic, we had a lot less time here than planned, which was disappointing. We'll just have to go back, I guess!

This is a little walking path I found the following morning while out and about. Cuts through a farmer's sheep pasture. It was a rainy and overcast morning, but that didn't detract from the gorgeous countryside.

I love the contrast here of the old building with the new truck out front - that really sums up a lot of England for me. Such rich history surrounding my modern day comforts.

I think much of the reason the rainy weather doesn't bother me much is because the result is this green, green, green almost all year long. I never get tired of it.

Cut little church.

Definitely need more time to explore the little villages and winding roads.

We stayed at a country inn, complete with multiple sitting rooms - every on with a fireplace, full made to order breakfast, and really nice people. On this rainy day, we would have been happy to plonk down here and laze the day away, but we had adventures to chase so got back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment